Thomas Wyon of the Peter Kempson and Sons Mint in Birmingham, England, designed this 1795 British copper halfpenny token. It was created for the London firm of Clark and Harris, dealers in stoves and fireplace grates.

The obverse displays a bust of George Washington facing right with the legend “G. WASHINGTON. THE FIRM FRIEND TO PEACE & HUMANITY.” The reverse features a large fireplace grate with LONDON and 1795 below. The reverse legend reads: “PAYABLE BY CLARK & HARRIS 13. WORMWOOD St. BISHOPSGATE.”

This token was made for and primarily used in England, but did circulate in the United States. It is by the same engraver of the Liberty and Security “penny” and features a bust similar to the 1795 Liberty and Security “halfpenny.”